Saturday, December 6, 2014 | 11am - 4 pm
Mark your calendars for HDR's Annual Downtown Holiday Tour. This year’s tour showcases everything from historic charm and modern luxury to retro nostalgia and industrial chic design and architecture. Visit homes in Old Town to see and hear a renovated pipe organ, get a bird’s eye view from the “Treehouse”, and be among the first to see the exciting new businesses within the historic renovation of the Ice House. There is truly something for everyone all wrapped up in a nice holiday package.
Tours start at Blue Ridge Architects located at 126 W. Bruce Street. You can pick up a map here and enjoy exhibits and refreshments.
Old Town Homes
- The Retro House, 641 Ott Street - This house is full of wonderful art, vintage radios, and a slice of history.
- The Organ House, 530 Mason Street - Come see this historic home with a full pipe organ that extends up into the second story.
- The Tree House, 315 Grattan Street - You will feel like you just stepped into a treehouse at this brand new home built with the kids in mind.
Historic Renovation Projects
- The Ice House, 217 S. Liberty Street - Now is your chance to see inside this brand new renovcation. Tour the new Pale Fire Brewing, Hugo Kohl's Jewelry Museum, as well as one of the industrial lofts.
- The Livery, 80 W. Water Street - This great project houses downtown's Bella Luna Restaurant and Shabby Love. An upstairs loft will also be open for you to tour.
- Asbury Church, 205 S. Main Street - Get an up close look at the Gothic architecture,and impressive stained glass windows.
Carolers & Music
Carolers will be performing in the Livery and Loft business locations.
- The Livery Carolers will perform at 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- The Ice House Carolers will perform at 11:30am and 1:00pm
- An organ demonstration will be played at 530 Mason Street at 1:30pm and 3:15pm.
- Asbury UMC will have performances by church members from 11am-1:30pm to include Supernal Psalteries, Handbells, and Piano
- $25 Available at Blue Ridge Architects
A special thank you to our sponsors:
- LD&B Insurance & Financial Services
- Valley Roots Team at Kline May Realty
- The Gaines Group, PLC
- Yellow Cab of Harrisonburg
- Friends of Old Town (F.O.O.T)
- Beck Builders
- Weaver Flooring
- Bath Fitter
- Reserve at Stone Port
- House of Oak & Sofa
If you are interested in volunteering for this year's tour; would like your home to be considered for next year's tour; or would like more information, please contact Lauren Huber at email@example.com.