Welcome to the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center
"Where History & Hospitality MeetSM"
The Hardesty-Higgins House was originally home to Harrisonburg's first mayor, Isaac Hardesty. He became the mayor by charter when the town of Harrisonburg was incorporated on March 16, 1849.
The Hardesty-Higgins House was renovated in July 2005 to serve the community and visitors to the region and is now a multi-use facility operated by Harrisonburg Tourism. Inside you will find Visitor Services, Rocktown Gift Shoppe, Valley Turnpike Museum, and the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Civil War Orientation Center. Executive offices for Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and Harrisonburg Tourism are located upstairs.
Visitor Services (540.432.8935)
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Sun 9am-5pm (Rocktown Gift Shoppe open 9:30am-4:30pm)
- Closed Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day
- Call for hours on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day
- Virginia State Certified Regional Visitor Center
- Computer on site - Free online access for travel information
- Lodging & Dining Reservations
E-mail email@example.com for a free visitor guide.
Tourism Operations and Visitor Services Manager
Plan Your Adventure!